Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
The Washington State Opportunity Scholarship helps low and middle-income Washington State residents earn first bachelor’s degrees in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) and health care.
More than 1,800 scholarships will be awarded to new students this spring. These students will receive a renewable scholarship each year, provided they continue to meet the renewal criteria, to help in their pursuit of four-year degrees.
- Must be a Washington State Resident
- Must earn a GED or high school diploma from a WA State institution by June 2020
- Must be pursuing an eligible STEM or health care major
- Must be working towards first bachelor's degree
- Must have completed six or fewer quarters by fall 2019
Please visit the link below to review the full list of eligibility requirements for this scholarship.
Application Location: https://waopportunityscholarship.org/
2019-2020 WWU Alumni Association Mid-Year Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
The Western Alumni Association is proud to offer Western students the opportunity to receive the WWU Alumni Association Scholarship for Undergraduate Students. Recipients of this honor are students who are making a difference in their communities, and contributing greatly to Western by actively participating in the life of the university.
- Applicants must be one of the following:
--Full time Western student (taking a minimum of 12 credits)
--High school senior intending to become a full-time Western student
beginning Winter 2020
--College transfer intending to become a full time Western student beginning
- GPA minimum cumulative:
--Currently in college - GPA of 3.10
--Currently in high school - GPA of 3.50
- Applicants must be pursuing undergraduate study
- Applicants must be admitted to Western to receive the scholarship
- Applicants must submit FAFSA or WASFA for scholarship consideration*
- Applicants need not be related to or know any alumni to apply
*International or undocumented students may apply, please follow the instructions within the application.
- This is a need-based scholarship to fill need, not exceed it
- Preference will be given to those with financial need
- Active students within their community, who participate in leadership building activities, provide service to others, and succeed academically
Application Location: https://alumni.wwu.edu/wwu-alumni-scholarship